November traditionally marks the start of the season of giving--a time of year to give back to the communities you love. There are many ways to give back that include everything from volunteering your time, donating goods, or making a cash contribution. Regardless of how you do it, we hope you will give back and that you'll include the Land Trust in your giving. Here are 5 ways you can support the Land Trust this giving season:
- Renew your annual support: Your annual support is what enables and sustains our work throughout the year. Large or small, your annual gift makes a big difference. Learn more about how to become a monthly donor, or renew your annual membership today.
- The Campaign for Whychus Creek: Make a gift to the Campaign in honor of that special someone. Help us reach our goal and give a forever gift! In addition, any gift given to the Campaign for Whychus Creek before December 31st will be matched 1:1 up to $100,000!
- Amazon Smile: You can give to Land Trust when you shop on Amazon! Start via this link smile.amazon.com. Then, choose the Land Trust as your designated beneficiary, and Amazon will donate to us each time you shop with no extra cost to you! It's a simple and automatic way to make a local difference while you shop online. (On AmazonSmile, we are listed as Deschutes Basin Land Trust). Here's how to set it up.
- Giving Tuesday: Tuesday, November 29th is Giving Tuesday, a global day of giving that aims to inspire people to donate to their favorite non-profit charity during a season that often focuses on the giving of "stuff." Learn more about Giving Tuesday.
- Gift membership: If you have someone on your list that already has everything, give to the Land Trust in honor of them. It is as simple as donating here, and including their name in the "Tribute" field. Or, call of the office and make a gift over the phone. (541) 330-0017.
We hope you will consider the Land Trust in your year-end giving plans, and thank you for supporting conservation in Central Oregon!